Montag, 19. Dezember 2016

Arrival

Diana: I want to stay here forever.

Pasco: In Australia or in Perth specifically?

Diana: Here in Perth.

That was on my first day in Australia. Diana came four days earlier. A couple of days later, she asked twice in a period of less than half an hour which direction our appartment may be. Then

Diana: I want to go back to Backnang.

Pasco: Why?

Diana: Because I don't get lost there.

One might think that her very first statement was not said in earnest and in this case one would be wrong. She loves it here and I see why. Besides the warm weather, people seem more friendly and eager to help than I have seen in the past.

The city center of the Perth

The first thing I did when I landed was get some money out of the ATM and the smallest denomination was $50. I tried to give it to the bus driver, he sighed a little and waved me in without getting any money from me. Some days later, I got a hot chocolate with soy milk from McDonalds (I am lactose intolerant). The price was $4.25, I paid $4.30 and didn't get anything back. I looked at the receipt and found out that soy milk costs an additional 40 cents. The girl at the counter just ignored it.

Before I go on to the next memorable event, let me explain that in Germany it can very well happen that you go home in your car at 1:00 am and then some one wants to cross the street which is absolutely empty apart from your car and he or she will push the button to change the lights anyway which forces you to stop your car because of unknown reasons.

So, some days later I arrived at the crossroads and pedetrians had a red light. A woman with her young son approached. I wondered what would happen next. The stopped at the end of the crosswalk, the woman looked  left and right and then they crossed it, even though they had a red light.

I want to stay here forever.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen