Freitag, 10. Februar 2017

Fourth Base - Rockingham

After living close to the centre of the city for so long and liking Penguin Island, the Diana argued that we could also live near the beach for a while. So we went to Rockingham for a bit. That's a kind of peninsula to the south of Perth that lets you access Penguin Island. The island we haven't visited again. I am sure, the penguins miss us.

I like it colourful.

The room we lived in, was actually a small cottage with its own kitchen. It was cute. Our hosts were Germans and I used up all the internets. European readers may not understand what I just wrote but in Third World countries like the U.S. and Australia, there might be a volume cap on the internet at home. So in addition to being slow, the amount of internets you can use per month is limited. In my defence, I didn't know Australia had that option, I thought the whole thing was an exclusively American invention to torture people in Guantanamo and noone dared copy them because of Human Rights issues.

The town centre. If you see past all the people filling the streets, it's quite lovely.

So the cottage was cute and the beach was also one of the nicest that I have seen here. I was clean and mostly empty and because the waters are "protected" by an island, there are almost no waves. The wind is still there to make you cold half the time but I enjoyed it there and could reach the beach on foot. Everything else (including food) was far away.

Well, it WAS full of people on Australia day but that was the day we took the flight to Melbourne because it was the cheapest.

Our hosts took out a couple of unused bikes for us which were very useful but also had saddles so hard that I now might have been rendered impotent. But that is not so bad as we will learn in a post sometime in the future.

I used the handles of the playground to do some pull-ups.

We didn't do much while being there apart from some yoga and visiting some fucking dolphins. I will write about the dolphins the next time.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen