Freitag, 10. März 2017

Seventh Base - Elsternwick

By the time the last day of our last apartment arrived, we didn't have a new one. First, we didn't know early enough if we wanted to stay longer in Melbourne, so that delayed the decision. Second, we decided that after being far from civilization for a few weeks, we want to go close to St Kilda where the biggest happenings are happening. We didn't find what we wanted, so we settled for a room that was too expensive and a bit further from St Kilda than we wanted. But it was only for two days.

We extended for one day.

The apartment was nice and a little more robust than the last one. Our hosts were and Indian-German couple. Apart from me being Greek and not Indian I had quite a lot in common with the husband. We worked both in I.T, are good looking, friendly and I liked him until he said that I talk English with a German accent. I don't know how Indian hell looks like or how many of them they have but he will eventually get there for that remark.

Bedroom. Too small.

The bedroom was too small for us. So we got out of there pretty fast. The neighborhood was good in that it had a train station that was 50m away and it had everything else we needed. Even a Russian and a Greek restaurant so that we feel right at home. We didn't visit either.

Should I make more nighttime photos?

Although the exterior doesn't look much different than similar neighborhoods in Melbourne, and it wasn't exceptionally busy there, I still noticed one thing. The interior of pretty much every restaurant and bar there was very tastefully equipped and decorated. I don't know why or how.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen