Montag, 23. Oktober 2017

Base 31 - Sunshine Coast

We reached number 31. In my head they are far fewer than that even though I can still remember every one of them. Perhaps having written about them is the reason I remember them so clearly. I often asked myself if it is even interesting or meaningful to write about them but in the end of the day, they are part of the trip and I write a bit more about the experience that that goes beyond the houses themselves. And since we didn't go to hotels, it is interesting to see how people live.

Desk \o/
This one had a very small bedroom but on the upside it had a desk which made me very happy. This is the second house that had some kind of sound system, so the sound I didn't have to endure the sound coming from the TV speakers. It was a soundbar and a subwoofer but that was more than sufficient. Our host was a make-up artist and she offered small samples of everything you could image when it comes to bathroom necessities. I didn't use any but they were appreciated. She and her husband were generous in every other way too.

Airport.
The house was next to an airport - literally. I mean their backyard and the airport were divided by their fence. It wasn't as bad as I assumed though. I only conciously took notice of the airplanes perhaps two or three times a day and you only heard the airplanes for a couple of seconds which was surprising.

This way please!
One of the best things of our stay was the beach. You could reach it on foot in a matter of minutes, the weather was good but not too hot. The sand was good enough so I went jogging a couple of times. After the first jog, I went into the water and was alone even though it was the weekend. The lifeguard (who looked like 55) asked me:

- Hey mate, did you enjoy your swim?
- It was great. Did I go too far?
- No, you were perfect. I was watching you the whole time.
- Thanks!

Jogging route.
The second time was the most difficult because I had to run on stepped on, softer sand which gave in and so every step was three times as tiring as the first time I did it. On the way back I hated jogging, I hated myself, the world and you. Diving in felt like freedom. I asked the lifeguard how far the next lifeguard is, to find out how much I jogged and he said I did around 4,5 km which is a km above my record.

Third time was low tide with harder sand and it was so easy, it felt like cheating.

On our last day, our hosts took us out to dinner at a fish and chips place that had fresh fish fished locally. Fish! It was nice. No, it was awesome! Perfect! I have to think like an Australian here.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen