Freitag, 13. Oktober 2017

Penestanan

I am not 100% sure if Penestanan is part of Ubud or not and if they grew together. I am also too lazy to look it up. The last time we were in Ubud, we visited because there was a hotel and a yoga school there that were recommended to Diana when she was in Thailand. The girl there told her that Yoga Barn was too commercial and the other school is better. It turns out that the Yoga Barn is too commercial and Intuitive Flow is smaller, more personal, more consistant in the quality of its tutors and they take more more often to correct you if you do something wrong.

Intuitive Flow.
The rooms at Yoga Barn were very nice but the one in Intuitive Flow were outstanding. I took part in two Yoga Classes. One of them were the kind of exercises you would expect, focusing on stretching, breathing and balance. The other was one where you lie down and gradually learn to sleep without losing your awareness. I fell asleep losing my awareness in a matter of minutes. Diana was laughing at me for days.

Light is always a major part in good photos.
While living in Penestanan Diana spent a lot of time in the yoga studio and I spent a lot of time programming my game and looking for jobs in Australia. We also went to the gym and Diana introduced me to Squash. In the beginning she let me win and later I let her win. But don't tell her that. I was making too many points in a row once and she wanted to give up. We probably never played a real game the whole time we were there. And we played a lot.

It looks like something out of Tomb Raider.
Other than that we explored a bit more of the restaurants in every direction, tried some new delicious food and went to walk on a trail where most of the photos were taken. Because our hotel was further away from everything, we also had to learn driving around on a scooter, constantly defying death. We also went to a place that most people seem to think is reduntant in Bali: a sauna. But it was nice there. They had a pool to cool down and of course other people from Germany.

The most vertical trees.
Our room and neighborhood was an adventure in itself. We will go into that next.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen