Donnerstag, 27. April 2017

Sydney - The Beginning

- Fuck Melbourne!

- OK?

- I love Sydney! It's so much better here. Do you like Sydney too?

- Perh....

- Look at all the trees! They didn't have such nice trees in Melbourne. It all looks better, it's not just the weather. I am happy. I love Sydney.

The first days in Sydney, it was raining ferociously.
Diana loves Sydney. She decided we will move here permanently after we are done with our tour and as always I don't have any sway when it comes to the big decisions. We initially planned on staying in Sydney for two weeks. Now we are in the end of week four.

Sydney has better weather than Melbourne. It is cleaner. The trains are newer and better. Everything apart from rent seems cheaper than in Melbourne but the rent is a real killer. Melbourne has a concetrated CBD where everything that matters in the city is condensed in a dozen blocks in the middle and then in specific streets with rows of restaurants and shopping opportunities. In Sydney everything seems more distributed. I am not sure I like that part. Sydney is more beautiful, downright impressive around the harbour. You can get a boat ride cheaply connecting the north to the south and it is just relaxing and fun.

Close to Central.
I like it, but I don't love it. Just like every metropolis it has a traffic problem which at least subsides in the night. There are just too many people for my taste especially in the CBD and too much noise. The use of shitty house music in the shops is even worse than in Melbourne.

We didn't see enough of the north side up until now. I could see ourselves living there because it seems more quiet but it is not as well connected with trains as the south and the buses are slow due to too many stops. It doesn't matter what I think because it is not my decision to make anyway.

I must stop writing now. The master is calling.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen