Mittwoch, 13. September 2017

Monkey Forest

While in Ubud, do like Ubud which means do the Monkey Forest ... or something.

Ubud is known for its monkeys and its hippie yogis which are almost the same thing. OK, they are nothing like each other at all. But perhaps the yogis can use their devine powers to communicate with the monkeys? If so, I have some use for them.

Criminals!
After our friends from the Germanies arrived, one of the first things we did was visit the monkey forest. I personally got a taste of the monkeys even before we got through the gate. Since I didn't have anything to eat, I bought two pieces of banana bread. When we were close to the forest and I was still naive, unsuspecting and therefore unprepared, I unpacked my banana bread, had a bite and then out of nowhere a monkey materialises before me, jumps and climbs on me and snaps the banana bread out of my hand. We laughed! But I was also angry.

Statues of criminals
If I found a yogi that can talk to the monkeys, I want her to tell the monkey that he owes me a banana bread and I want the monkey to buy it at the Coco Market because they have my favorite one. After that I was still hungry but weary. Before going through the entrance, I checked my surroundings, took out the second piece, saw another monkey coming at me and put everything in my mouth. The woman at the entrance told me not to bring any food with me and I agreed with her even though I am not sure she understood me because I talked with a very very full mouth.

No criminals in sight. Not that I know of.
The forest was nice to look at, the monkeys climbed on you, if you bought any bananas from the banana-stands there and it was funny if you were intentionally carrying food to feed them.

It was nice.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen