Freitag, 6. Januar 2017

Bus

I don't remember if I mentioned it before but the Australian government doesn't hate its people like other countries do. In the city centre there is free Wi-Fi on the streets for everyone and there are four buses doing the rounds. They are free to use and they are the "Central Area Transit" or CAT Buses complete with a cat logo.

Totally unrelated: I found a bus from London that lost its way and somehow turned up in Perth. They still gave it a new job.

One thing that bothers me a little is that the drivers don't seem to be able to accelerate with any nuance and they always seem to be surprised by every stop they have to make. At first, it is annoying. Later it is still annoying but slightly less so.

Today was the best! There was a shabby looking / perhaps drunk guy who was criticizing the driver loudly every time he came to a stop or left a stop. He both reprimanded him when he stopped too harshly ...

- Hey driver, did you not see the red light? Stop braking so suddenly I almost fell off my seat!

... and praised him when he accelerated smoother than before ...

- That was much better, driver. I knew you can do it!

He was the best.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen