Dienstag, 17. Januar 2017

Scarborough Beach

If you are thinking that Scarborough sounds like the final level of a game where you finally get to fight against the big evil boss, then we are thinking the same thing. If not, what's wrong with you? This is the second beach we have visited and I have been there three times. The last time I was alone.

Visit Number 1

We heard there is a latin party every Sunday. We decide to go there earlier to have a swim and also be able to spy on the two hours of introductory lessons in Salsa and Bachata than happen before the party. We take bus. We arrive. The 'sandpit' where the dance takes place looks like an amphitheatre. I change to my swimming trunks under the protection of my towel around my waist. It wasn't sexy. I go swimming while D lays down and relaxes because she was not feeling it.

Here be burgers!

When I went swimming which is not so long ago, I lied. What happened is the wind happened and also the waves and the strong current in the water. I didn't go deep enough to not be able to touch the ground with my feet because I read that the current can easily sweep you away. I was fighting against the waves to be able to stay at the same place until I couldn't feel my legs from exhaustion and then I got out.

After my workout I wanted to reward myself with a meal, so we walked a bit until we surprisingly found a Greek fast food restaurant. Apparently there are many Greeks in other cities like Melbourne but Perth is not as cosmopolitan when compared to these other cities, there are almost no Greeks here, so that's why I used the word 'surprisingly'. I don't know about the other food they are offering there but the calamari was breaded to a point where you could taste nothing but the bread around it and the generous fries. The calamari itself had the form of a string. My cry of dissapointment was so fierce that it went back in time to reach Plato, the first of the Greeks to specialize in preparing calamari.

We went back to watch the Forro lesson (which was done instead of Salsa) and then Bachata. Watching it was less exciting than I expected. Then the wind got windier, D was cold and wanted to go home. I gave her my jacket and told her, we will soon go home to which she replied she is not cold any more wearing the jacket and we can stay as long as I want. But I was cold. So we got ice cream and went home.

Here be human females.

Visit Numero Dos

We wanted to go to the City Beach which sounds less ominous than Scarborough along with a new friend we picked up but we missed the bus and it was the weekend or something? The buses were much less frequent. So we took a bus which arrived at halfway point between Scarborough and City Beach and plan was to walk to City Beach. When we arrived, it was extremely windy (surprise!) and the girls didn't want to walk against the wind for two kilometers. So we picked a place that was protected from the wind to lie down there and I went to fight the waves again. Then I came back. Then I read a couple of chapters of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

It was time. We had to make a decision about going to the City Beach or Scarborough Beach to get something to eat. The wind was still pushing us to Scarborough so off we went. When we arrived there we got some very very good hamburgers, the best hamburgers (like Trump would say) from a restaurant which I think is a chain but I forgot the name. It was very good. Then we got an ice cream mix but with a better mix than last time, with cookies and Ferrero Rocher and stuff. It was also very very good. Then we went home.

Here be dancers.

Επίσκεψη νούμερο τρία

The first time we went there we didn't stay long enough for the party but I was still curious. So I went there. It had good vibes, nice beach atmosphere and I didn't like the music that much. No ice cream!

Here be sun setting.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen