Dienstag, 3. Januar 2017

Fremantle

Now that we got that behind us, let us talk about Fremantle. The Hood of Legends! The Market of ... I don't know because by the time we found it, it was closed.

We took the bus and it was my first chance of seeing the non-centre part of the city which was interesting because the centre has a lot of skyscrapers and everywhere else everything is flat. No more than two stories high. The thing that I find curious is that the ceilings of their one story houses are very very low. It's one of the things that annoys me in modern German houses compared to Greece but at least the houses in Germany are moderately tall. If you have only story, would it hurt them to make it an additional half a meter higher?

Diana demonstrated her enviable ability to sleep everywhere (also in buses).

Fremantle. I thought I had better pics.

So we read there is shop in the market that sells all different kinds of honey and we were looking for it because Diana had a cold and she read about a wonder-honey with anti-bacterial properties. We found later that there is a market embedded in a big building and did I mention that it was closed?

We found a game arcade instead which had surprisingly new games compared to the one in Northbridge. What is also surprising is that I feel little need to play these games. The one that attracted me the most is the one where you shoot real physical mini-basketballs into baskets. Since the last time I played this, it was in Greece and my efforts were shameful we moved on.

We walked around, were hungry and found a shop that made "premium" sandwhiches. Mine was great, Diana's was the opposite of great. I tried it. Also tried an iced frappé-chocolate mix (great) before leaving for lands unknown. Everything was nice in Fremantle. It looked nice and was nice. I don't know what else I am supposed to say. Look at the photo!

Oh yeah! There was a "Cappuccino Street".

Cannon and asses. That should be the title of a film.
We aimed for the beach and found a cannon. We read that the cannon was used a hundred years ago to help the ships synchronize their clocks. Since Diana spent half a day in Cuba looking at cannons, found it boring and was scared that by looking at this cannon for too long, she might catch the boringness in addition to her cold, we left quickly.

This photo will be worth millions when the artist dies.

We had a long walk along the harbor until we found a beach. Diana slept under a tree and I went swimming. It was a bit underwhelming, additionally because I couldn't get very far in the sea after I promised not to do it. I thought that Diana's worries are unwarranted and they have signs everywhere that warn against snakes in the dunes and if the sea had sharks, they would certainly warn about them as well but I was wrong. Apparently it's not impossible for sharks to appear and they have no warnings. Nice!

Fish n Chips n Fish n Chips n Fish n Chips n Fish

After swimming, I went to look for a place I could shower and indeed found some showers. On the way there, they were preparing two dozens of stands that had food from all of the world. I mean it! There was food from the middle and south of America, Asia, Europe ... there was even an "El Loco Alleman" who sold sausages but neither looked loco, nor alleman. Of course I ate more than I needed to.

Loads of boads!
On the long way back, we went to an old prison that turned to a museum. The main court was already closed but we were able to walk around the front court which had some exhibits. You could also read some stories that confirmed that humans are worse than scum and can do unspeakable things to other fellow humans.

Happy new year!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen