Donnerstag, 22. Juni 2017

Gold Coast

I was told that there are 600,000 people living at the Gold Coast area except for the summer when it's 2 MILLION BILLION (without the billion). The traffic was barely bearable as it is, I am not sure I want to find out what happens in the summer. I looked up what Wikipedia says and apparently most of the visitors stay for a night or two. We'll see (perhaps).

There was a salsa party a couple of metres from here.
The first impressions were great because the first apartment we got was great. Diana's further impressions were great and I also liked our stay there. It has lots of places to shop and eat. The place is a gigantic beach, canals and adjacent housing. The beaches are great, wide, with smooth sand, clean water and big waves. The weather is good all year long. But something feels strange.

You can find anything in this shopping mall. Anything at all.
I can't put my finger on it but I have the feeling that Gold Coast is not a real city. It seems like a place that pretends to be a city. Half of everything is geared towards the ocean and canal views and experience and the rest is merely a supporting structure for the first half. We didn't find anything missing, there are big shopping malls every couple of hundred metres that have everything you'd want. I still got the feeling that it is not complete. I didn't find a banking district for example. Not that I wanted to find one...

A view to a beach (from the Burleigh place)
Diana and I went for long walks on the beach, visited open air markets with trinkets and food and palm readings (we were only there for the food) and did some yoga. I did it once, she did it every day. The only bigger excursion we did was when we went to the beach and park of Burleigh Head. It was a great walk with nice vistas and the food at the Vietnamese restaurant we ate afterwards was excellent. We also wanted to go to Springbrook but because of scheduling conflicts, we left it for later. Don't ask. I know you won't, anyway.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen