Freitag, 2. Juni 2017

Road to Gold Coast Part 2 - Port Macquarie

Before we even set out to Port Macquire we got a mail from our host of the future, giving us directions to go to Seal Rocks where we were to find an old kiosk that has great coffee and desserts. Suggestions like these were welcome because we didn't have a real plan ourselves for where to go. Doing a break half-way to our next destination was also a good idea, because this was the longest piece of road we were going to do in a day (I think)?

Best photo 1
When we arrived there, it was indeed a nice place but it didn't seem particularily exciting. Actually it seemed a bit abandonded, forgotten and sad. There were some luxury homes built there where nobody was living because there was no furniture. I liked it in a melancholic kind of way.

Best photo 2
We think we found the kiosk but it didn't seem to have any other coffee than Nescafe in their "kitchen" and no menu or display of desserts apart from a sign advertising pie. We didn't pick anything and didn't sit down which was a bit dissapointing. The upside is that I took the best photos of our way to Gold Coast right there.

Best photo 3
At Port Macquire there were two surprises. The hosts were missing and they left the door unlocked for us. We later found out that they lost their keys to their own home and never bothered replacing the locks or somehow making new ones so the house is always open. Second surprise was that the house had two cats which means Diana freaked out. It was a joyous kind of freaking out.

We went to a pizza place with an unfriendly waiter, then to sleep, then woke up and to the beach close by to take a look.

The Look
After that we took our car to go to the centre of town. When we were in Thailand, we visited a hospital for dogs and cats. In Australia, it was time for a Koala hospital. I parked the car next to a sport centre where it was free because I thought from experience that close to the centre of the town it would cost money to park and rush our visit. Also, parking close to the beach gave us the opportunity to walk on part of the 9km trail that is supposed to be great. I was wrong about the parking thing. The trail was still nice.

Wavy street
So we walked the nice trail, then to some almost deserted streets and THEN WE SAW THE COOLEST THING EVER! A garbage truck stops next to us and then out of the blue a big robot arm comes out, grabs the garbage container, pulls it up, throws the contents in the back of the truck and then sets it back down. Diana wasn't as elated as me, probably because the robot arm wasn't purple or whatever but I am the ultimate decider in all things cool and I say the robot arm rocked. I told her, I wanted to have a robot arm on my car as well, and then when I see pretty women on the street, I let the arm grab them and put them in the back of my car, so that I can decide later which one to take. She laughed. As long as she thinks I am funny, we understand each other.

Koala minding its own business.
The Koala hospital was informative and a bit sad because they treated animals with severe illnesses but they are doing good work there. Diana demonstrated her utter lack of motivation when it comes to thinking and writing when we filled out our entries in the guestbook. There was a column where we are supposed to write our own free-style comment and she just put quotes under my own comment. I almost admire how her mind finds ways to avoid effort she thinks is not warranted.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen