Samstag, 27. Mai 2017

Hans Zimmer Revealed

It's the first and perhaps the last time, I reacted to a facebook ad. I was probably looking at too many videos about film music, so facebook decided to serve me an ad about Hans Zimmer Revealed which is a concert with a selection of his music. I always wanted to listen to a live orchestra and since I can only listen to the most famous pieces of classical music pieces and would be bored by the rest of the concert, if I went to one with classical music, my best chance of experiencing the orchestra would be film or game music. So we went there.

Please don't stop the music.

There were three problems.

The first one is that Hans Zimmer is better at creating ambience than composing multilayered melodies. Compared to other composers his music loses more when not accompanied by the pictures it is supposed to dress. The selection we heard oriented itself more at the popularity of the films and less at how well the music lends itself for a concert.

The second one is that the orchestra was second place in importance to the Apocalyptica-style electric music instruments.

The third one is the horrible sound quality there. Compounded this meant that often we reached the end of a music piece with a crescendo of (electronic) noises where you couldn't tell the instruments apart because of the sound quality.

The concert managed to have some good phases and even some great pieces with Pirates of the Caribbean and Lion King but all in all, I can't help but feel dissapointed. The evening was still a success because concerts are an experience that I don't often make and because of my company.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen