Samstag, 6. Mai 2017

Sydney Southern Beaches

The tour guide I got from my colleagues at my last job said we should walk a trail from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach. That seemed like a good place to start getting to know what the beaches have to offer so we got on the bus from the museum station and it was already full so he had to stand. At Bondi Junction some people got out which gave us room to sit down, but even more people came in. Seemed like there were many people who want to go to the beach when the weather is warm. Who knew?

Bondi
Reading this weblog you might expect that I find ways to disklike everything popular if I set my mind to it and so it was with Bondi Beach. Being at the sea you are surrounded by cars instead of something nature-like which sucks but then you also got noise. You also got the pronunciation of Bondi which is bond-eye. Sydney also has a Wolli station which is pronounced wall-eye instead of Wall-e. Who comes up with these silly ideas?

Salt water pool at Bondi.
The walk to the south was luckily more exciting. We walked up and down and past a pool filled with salt water which is warmer than the sea water because it is more static. There are apparently around a hundred such pools at the east coast of Australia.

Best photo of the day.
Then we went on past a lot of joggers and another beach. It looked beautiful but narrow and with a lot of surfers, so it seemed to stressful to swim there trying to not get hit by anyone. I wondered if the surfers don't worry about being pulled by a wave towards some rocks. Apparently in Australia, living on the edge is the only way of life.

I don't think you're ready for this jelly.
In the end we arrived at Bronte Beach which I still wasn't entirely happy with (I am grumpy) but Diana was tired and didn't want to walk any more. So I did a sexy strip, put on my swimming trunks, went into the water and then was called out by a lifeguard. The waves were too dangerous and it was forbidden to go in. Most of the people there didn't care but I felt watched so I went to the corner protected by some rocks where the waves were severly weakend before arriving at where the people where swimming.

There I was attacked by jellyfish, my arm was hurting and it became red along with part of my belly. I went to the lifeguards, asked if they have a cream for pain relief, they said such a cream doesn't exist. I told them the same thing happened to me in Greece and I got cream that helped noticeably, they told me that jellyfish in Australia is different. I think I sensed some kind of pride in the viciousness of their jellyfish. Joke's on them! The jellyfish sting was considerably worse in Greece and they have no idea what they are talking about.

All in all there were some highlights on our walk but the day left me mostly unimpressed.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen