Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2017

Twelfth Base - Alexandria

While in Melbourne we found a good deal for a big room through gumtree which is generally cheaper and less "professional" than airbnb for a big room for two weeks. The problem was that I arrived in Sydney two days and Diana one day before our hosts left for their vacation. We had to find an interim solution for those two days so once again we went to airbnb.

This is a bed.
The apartment didn't have anything remarkable above of being nice apart from the hosts who were very friendly and provided more than one normally expects. Apart from giving us towels, they had bought toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel ... everything one needs in the bathroom. They had a paper in the room with a list of suggestions about where to eat and where to go out. I was surprised. After our first meeting I didn't see them again because they went sleeping at 9 pm which was after I arrived there and went to work before I woke up.

This is an inner yard.
The other thing I remember was the amount of cockroaches in the inner yard. There were none in the apartment or the balcony but a constant companion when walking from the gate to the door. On the one night we went out for a walk, I accidentally stepped on one which resulted in Diana running away from me and shaking.

Fun times!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen